Asphalt drum plant provides continuous production cycle as the drying and mixing of all the materials takes place inside the drum dryer. It comes in demand when low operational costs and continual production are essential. The system is much more simplified as compared to a batch mix plant as there are no mixing tower or elevators. However, you need to ensure constant quality in the aggregates so as to guarantee a high level of quality in the hot mix.
Different Types of Asphalt Drum Mix Plant for Sale
- Capacity: 20-80t/h
- Popular models: ALT20, ALT40, ALT60, ALT80
- Application: suitable for centralized road construction
- Features: even mixing; simple structure; environmental friendly; low maintenance cost
- Capacity: 20-80t/h
- Popular models: ALYT20, ALYT40, ALYT60, ALYT80
- Application: batching machine and dryer are mounted on wheels so that they can be transported easily with job sites. The plant is suitable for county road and low-grade highway construction.
- Features: easy transportation; clean production; easy operation
Drum Mix Plant Specifications
|Effect of De-dusting(mg/Nm3)||Dust discharge concentration≤50(Bag dust)|
|Volume of Cold Aggregate Storage(m3)||4.0m3×4|
|Control Mode||Manually, Semi-Auto/ Auto|
Continuous Asphalt Plant Configurations for Your Reference
Technical Features of Asphalt Drum Plant
- Aggregate supply system – modular design, frequency control motor, silo designed with compartment, mobile unit for easy transportation
- Mineral filler metering – the metering is volumetric using variable-speed feed screws.
- Drying and mixing system – the drying drum is hard-wear and heat-resistance; continuously optimized feeding blade and new aluminum foil film insulation layer for reduced heat losses; discharge port of drum dryer is equipped with temperature measuring device for automatic temperature control.
- Hot aggregate elevator – safety device for quick braking in emergency, little noise, good sealing, no dust leakage
- Bitumen supply system – straight-heated asphalt tank; two-stage anti-overflow protection device; twice metering; real-time dynamic tracking for precise bitumen-aggregate ratio
- Control system – automatic control for easy and efficient operation
How Does An Asphalt Drum Plant Work?
Drum mix plant provides a continuous mixing process where a rotary dryer is used not only to dry the aggregate but to mix it with the liquid asphalt. Aggregate should be precisely controlled before fed into the dryer and before consequently discharged from the dryer.
There are two main models for continuous asphalt production:
- Parallel flow type
With simple design, parallel flow asphalt plant is ideally suited for simple job. In a parallel flow drum mixer, the material flow is parallel to the hot combustion production flow. For this reason, it is not as good as counter flow type in terms of pollution control and fuel saving.
- Counter flow type
Counter flow drum mix plant provides better pollution control, fuel saving and superior quality of hot mix compared to the parallel flow hot mix plant since the material flow in the drum is opposite to the direction of exhaust gases, and the liquid asphalt, aggregate and RAP are mixed in a zone removed from direct contact with hot exhaust gases.
Interested in our asphalt plant or want the best prices?
Asphalt Drum Mix Plant Process
There are some common procedures for asphalt production:
- Cold aggregate storage and metering
- Bitumen storage and heating
- Filler material storage and metering
- Drying and mixing of aggregate, bitumen and filler material
- Discharging of asphalt hot mix
Trusted Asphalt Drum Mix Plant Manufacturer And Supplier – AIMIX
AIMIX is committed to providing the right plant for your operation. We manufacture a series of stationary and mobile asphalt plants which are easy to set up and maintain, competitively priced and also built to stand the test of time. We have cooperated with a number of outstanding customers around the world and help maximize their productivity, such as ALQ100 stationary asphalt batch mix plant for Indonesia client, 60t/h double drum asphalt plant for Philippines client and ALYQ60 mobile asphalt batch plant for Paraguay client.
In addition, we provide a comprehensive after-sales service to help their projects go smoothly, including installation and commissioning of the plant, staff training, spare parts service, free technical advice and 12-month warranty. If you have any question, call the after-sales service center at 0086 371 5515 9266 or 0086 187 3715 6711.
For further information on the asphalt drum plant, get in touch with us today!