Asphalt plant can heat cold aggregates such as sand and stone and mix them with liquid asphalt and additives to produce asphalt for laying asphalt roads. There are two types of common asphalt mixing plants: batch type and drum type.
Batch type asphalt plant produces asphalt mixtures in batches, and there is a short interval between batches. The popular asphalt batch mix plant models include: ALQ40, ALQ60, ALQ80, ALQ100, ALQ120, ALQ160, ALQ200, ALQ240, ALQ320, etc.
Drum type asphalt plant can continuously produce asphalt mixture, so it is also known as continuous asphalt mixing plants. The main asphalt drum mix plant models include: ALT20, ALT40, ALT60, ALT80, etc.
So the question is, what is the difference between the two? Which one is more suitable for your project?
The Different Between Batch Type And Drum Mix Plant
1. Equipment structure
Batch plant is composed of cold aggregate supply system, heating and drying system, lifting system, screening system, metering system, mixing system, dust collector, asphalt supply system, powder supply system, pneumatic system, and electric control system. The batch mix plant has an accurate metering system, which can monitor the aggregate-asphalt ratio in real time, and can change the ratio at any time. In addition, the plant has both primary and secondary dust removal systems, which is more environmentally friendly.
Drum plant consists of cold aggregate supply system, asphalt supply system, heating and drying system, dust collector, electric control system and finished product storage system. The drum mix plant does not have a mixing tank, thus the heating and drying of aggregates and mixing of all ingredients take place inside the drum.
2. Finished products
The asphalt batch mix plant has large production capacity, suitable for large and medium-sized projects. The finished materials are of high quality and are suitable for paving high-grade roads, such as highways.
The capacity of asphalt drum plant is relatively small and can only be used for small projects. Due to the lack of accurate measurement, no powder material is added, the quality of the finished material produced is not as good as that of the batch type plant, so it is suitable for paving low-grade roads.
Advantages of Batch Type Asphalt Plant
- Each ingredient is accurately measured and has high-precision screening.
- It can add powder and various additives.
- Real-time monitoring and accurate change of asphalt-stone ratio during operation.
- It adopts pulse bag dust removal technology, which has good environmental performance.
- The control system is highly intelligent.
- High quality finished materials
- Suitable for large-scale and high-grade road construction projects
Advantages of Drum Mix Plant
- Modular structure, convenient installation, transportation and relocation
- The plant occupies a small area and can be used in narrow places.
- Relatively low operating costs
- Low investment cost
- Suitable for countries and regions with rapid development of rural transportation.
Which Type of Asphalt Plant Is Right For You?
In order to select the right asphalt mixing plant for your project, there are a few things you will need to consider:
- The capacity of the plant you need
- The type of asphalt plant you need: batch type or drum type?
- Stationary or mobile plant?
- The area of your site: make sure the size of the entire equipment can fit your site area.
- Consider your local environmental protection requirements.
- The fuel used by the burner: consider your energy access convenience and cost budget.
Generally speaking, for large-scale and high-grade projects, a batch type asphalt plant is a great choice. But if the scale of the project is small, there is no high quality requirement, and the environmental protection requirement is not high, then the drum asphalt mixing plant is a more cost-effective choice.
The selection of an asphalt plant is largely determined by your project requirements and project budget. If you have any questions, please contact us at any time.